Friday, April 20, 2012

Tropical Cutie

Repurposed clothing….gotta love it!!!


 I found a flowery print rayon shirt-dress (shown below) in the Bargain Bin (99 cents a pound) at the Goodwill Thrift Store, so it literally cost me less than 99 cents! I took it apart and reconstructed it (above) into this cute 1940’s style dress (or a summery top, for the modest woman!). The green halter straps were made from a silk blouse also found in the Bargain Bin (I’m estimating about 25 cents for this fabric) and the buttons on the back closure were repurposed from the shirt-dress.

I love the Goodwill Thrift Store! I have found the most amazing fabrics there. It’s so much fun to discover sumptuous silks and buttery velvets, beautiful buttons and metallic trims, all at prices I can afford! After taking the garments apart, there usually is not enough yardage for making anything major, but piecing parts together is much of the fun! 

For more photos, see my Craftsy page at  http://www.craftsy.com/user/206787/projects, or my Burda page at http://www.burdastyle.com/profiles/bright-ideas-studio/my_studio

No comments:

Post a Comment