Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Permission to play today....

It's a beautiful day and for once I have NO deadlines or appointments, so I treated myself to a "studio day" literally in my own backyard.

I was inspired by an article in the latest issue of GreenCraft Magazine to paint papers. The article touched my repurposing soul, so I gathered some newspapers, gesso and sponge brushes and prepped my papers.


After the gessoed newspapers dried, I added color with acrylic paints just on one half of the paper, then folded it to monoprint the other half. Some of them I monoprinted again just by pressing the already printed papers to others that were still wet. 







Look at all the pretty textures!!!














The hardest part of this project so far has been waiting for the paints to dry! Next I will add more surface design with stamps, stencils, textures....not sure what at this point. Not sure what I'm going to use these for, but I plan to share them with my friends, and maybe make a piece or two of Abandonment Art.

More pix to come....after the paint dries!

No comments:

Post a Comment