Thursday, September 8, 2011

Three Little Words That Made My Day

After teaching the first class in my Fall “Sewing For Beginners” series today, I asked one of my young students “Did you like it?” to which she replied emphatically “I loved it!” Music to my ears!!

It makes me feel so good to be able to teach sewing to those who have not yet learned this viable art! It’s easy for me to project my enthusiasm, which seems to be contagious, because I, too, love it. I could easily be in my studio “24/7” if not for the need to eat and sleep!

Honestly, how could the artist not love sewing? The tactile sensations of fabric, the colors, the challenges, the creativity, the meditative hum of the machine, the complete focus on a project that makes the rest of the day disappear, the thrill of making something that until then did not exist. Sewing is art, and I hope to share it with as many people as I can possibly fit into my schedule, for the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment